You may be doing some spring cleaning around your Kansas City home, but don’t forget about spring maintenance! Your home is one of your biggest assets and you want to keep it in great condition, whether you plan to live there for years or need to sell in the near future.
Check out the spring home maintenance checklist fromConsumer Reports to help you stay on top of it all.
- Deck- Look for water damage and wood decay that could impact the structure of the porch.
- Air Conditioner- Your air conditioner will perform better and save you money on power bills if you keep it clean. Check it yearly to keep things running smoothly.
- Foundation- Check foundation for cracks or fissures, and ensure ground around it is clear of leaves or other debris.
- Gutters- It’s important not only to make sure your gutters are free from debris, but also that they are adequately attached to your home. Look for corroded fasteners and other warning signs. Also importantly, make sure your downspouts are pointing away from your home and that water can flow away from your foundation instead of pooling there, which an cause damage.
- Roof- Inspect your attic for water stains, as well as the siding under the eaves, the ceilings of your home, etc. Contact us for a free roof analysis today!
- Surrounding trees- Inspect trees for broken branches and disease, or have an arborist come to your home. It’s better to pay for maintenance to your trees to prevent accidents, rather than clean up the mess after a branch falls on your car or home!
- Pavement- The longer cracks go unchecked, the harder it will be to repair them. You can get crack patching kits at home improvement stores.
If you home needs new siding, windows, roofing, doors, stone, or stucco work, contact Bordner. Our professional, courteous customer service and high-quality work have earned us a great reputation among Kansas City homeowners. We’re proud to have served over 40,000 local customers, and we’d love to add you to our list of satisfied clients.