Mold or mildew growth on walls, ceilings and floors can wreak havoc on the health and safety of everyone in your home, even pets! But how can you prevent mold from taking over and damaging your property?
- Clean existing mold and get rid of any moisture since this will allow mold to spread.
- Keep paper products and clothes in cool, room temperature areas instead of humid parts of your home.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of standing water that may breed mold and mildew growth.
- Make sure that water always flows away from the foundation of your home.
- Use dehumidifiers in damp basements.
- Vent exhaust fans should feed outdoors, not into an attic or crawl space.
- Have your attic checked for proper ventilation and insulation.
- Have your roof and windows inspected for leaks.
Do you have a mold or mildew problem at home? Call Bordner at 816-303-0510 to schedule an inspection and consultation today!