In light of the recent hail storms that Kansas City has been seeing over the past few months, Bordner group would like to encourage you to always assess your property for damage after a storm and beware of crooked roofing contractors. Taking advantage of homeowners after natural disasters are one of the most common ways for con artists to close in on an unsuspecting victim. Scammers usually cash-in on the fact that victims don’t know what damages have been sustained to their properties.
Be sure to follow this checklist from Allstste Insurance Company.
- Check trees, shrubs, plants around your house.
- Using binoculars, check your roof for damage.
- Check patio covers, screens, windows and soft aluminum roofs for damage.
- Check vehicles for dents and broken or cracked glass.
- Cover any broken glass in your car to prevent interior damage.
- Cover any broken windows and holes in your roof.
Contact Bordner today to learn more about our services if you suspect that your roof home has been damages by hail.
Photo Credit: WeatherFreaks