Whether you are planning to sell your home soon or just want to increase its value and add to your enjoyment, curb appeal is an important factor to consider. The way your house looks from the street is the first impression for visitors, neighbors, and potential buyers. With that in mind, it’s important to make that impression count by taking care with the landscaping, walkway, entrance, mailbox, driveway, and other elements visible from the street.
Take a look at some of the best ways to add curb appeal to your Kansas City home, according to Better Homes & Gardens.
- Replace or upgrade porch railings, keeping in mind the scale, architectural style, and color scheme of the rest of the house.
- Incorporate stone. This adds an elegant, textural element to your home.
- Revamp your driveway. Get rid of cracked cement and have pavers installed instead.
- Refresh paint or siding. Don’t forget to address any issues with the trim, as well.
- Replace windows and add shutters or window boxes (only if they complement the style of your home).
At Bordner, we want to help you make your home the best it can be! Check out our 5 D’s of Home Improvement to find out how great curb appeal can help your home stand out.